Register to vote

To vote in the local elections you will need to ensure you are registered by 18th April. For the European referendum you have until 7th June.

To register you can use the website vote.

It usually takes about five minutes. You need your National Insurance number.

To cast your vote in an election you must be:

  • A British, Republic of Ireland or Commonwealth citizen living in the UK aged 18 or over

  • A citizen of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or a British Overseas Territory living in the UK

  • A Member of the HM Forces and their spouses posted abroad

  • A Crown Servant posted outside of the UK

  • A European Union citizen living in the UK aged 18 or over will only be able to vote in the local elections.

Logged in users of the website can add comments to this page.
Login to this site if you'd like to add a comment. Sign-up for an account if you are not currently a member.

<< | Up | >>

Print version

The content on this page was added to the website by Saleema Imam on 2016-04-01 11:50:06.
The content of the page was last modified by Saleema Imam on 2016-04-01 11:52:32.

Follow us on Twitter @TheBMessenger

All content is copyright © Burngreave Messenger Ltd. or its voluntary contributors, unless otherwise stated, not to be reproduced without permission. If you have any comments, or are interested in contributing to the Messenger and getting involved, please contact us.

Burngreave Messenger Ltd. Abbeyfield Park House, Abbeyfield Road, Sheffield S4 7AT.
Telephone: 0114 242 0564. Email:
Company Limited by Guarantee: 04642734
Registered Charity: 1130836

The Burngreave Messenger is a community newspaper with editorial independence, funded by the Big Lottery, Foyle Foundation, Trusthouse Charitable Foundation, the Garfield Weston Foundation, the Scurrah Wainwright Charity, local residents and our advertisers.

Help the Messenger with a donation